The Contract Manager will be a key member of the project Delivery team, responsible for managing project contracts and administering associated project controls to support the construction and commissioning of large, complex renewables infrastructure projects in Australia.
Reporting to the EGM Delivery, this role is newly created in the business, allowing for (and requiring) the successful candidate to develop and shape a critical function to support our project teams, and being central to the successful delivery of our projects.
You will work closely with our project leaders to develop and administer systems and processes for contract management and project controls. You will also interface with our contractors, corresponding on contract matters and handling complex matters. You will build relationships with contractor counterparts, collaborating to solve issues while protecting Tilt’s interests. It will require strong communication and commercial skills, and a good understanding of (and exposure to) broad project drivers, activities, compliance, and risks.
In the near term, the role will support our Rye Park construction project, a 396MW wind farm being delivered under a split contract model in New South Wales. This will be followed by several additional wind and battery projects expected to commence construction over the next 18-months.
The role will also work with our Development team, providing advice to Procurement in support of contract negotiations, and working with the Land team to manage land agreements through construction.
- Contract Management - managing the end-to-end contract suite on large scale, complex renewables projects in constructions. Supporting PMs to ensure contract terms and conditions are adhered to by Tilt Renewables and our contractors. Review, identify and proactively manage contract interfaces and risks. Provide advice and support the negotiation of contract variations and any contract amendments during construction.
- Contract Administration - maintain control processes and develop systems to manage contract documents and correspondence, ensuring compliance with contract requirements and timelines
- Claims / Dispute resolution - ensure preparedness for claims escalation or disputes as required.
- Project governance
- Project Administration & Controls
As a key member of the project delivery team success will require good construction experience or direct experience developing and delivering large renewables projects,
- Minimum graduate level degree in law, business, or a relevant field for the role. A legal background is advantageous.
- +7 years’ experience in renewable energy or major project construction.
- Proven experience as a Contracts Manager or similar role in the construction industry, preferably with exposure to renewable energy projects.
- Strong knowledge of contract law, construction contracts, and relevant regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation, administration, and risk management.
- Sound understanding of construction project drivers and controls – HSE, compliance, cost, schedule, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex contractual situations and provide practical solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisation, and time management abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in contract management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are interested in this opportunity please reach out to email@example.com for a position description or more information.